The deadline for applications is January 7, 2014. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Applications are accepted from graduate students only. You must be currently enrolled and actively seeking a degree, or else be awaiting matriculation as a Master's or PhD candidate.
Applications are welcome from students in Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean as well as the USA. We regret that we can't accept applications from elsewhere.
Give us the number of the phone where you can most easily be reached.
Please give your primary email contact address here.
If you have an alternate email address, please enter it here.
Not sure? Check the U.S. Department of Education's lists of:
(1) Historically Black Colleges and Universities (http://www2.ed.gov/about/inits/list/whhbcu/edlite-list.html)
(2) Alaska Native-Serving Institutions (http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst-list-pg3.html)
(3) High Hispanic Enrollment Institutions (http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst-list-pg7.html)
(4) Hispanic-Serving Institutions (http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst-list-pg4.html)
(5) Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst-list-pg5.html)
(6) Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions (http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst-list-pg6.html)
Give the name of a person we should contact in case of emergency. Indicate his/her relationship to you (e.g., mother, spouse, friend) and one or more contact telephone numbers.
To apply for Park Break, you must be currently enrolled and pursuing a graduate degree, or have been accepted into a Master's or Ph.D. program and are awaiting matriculation. In the box above, either cut and paste, or type in, your current course schedule. Make sure it shows the course number, title, and number of credits. If you are awaiting matriculation, indicate your anticipated course schedule. If selected for Park Break, you may asked to supply an official copy as proof of enrollment.
Use the box above to briefly explain your personal and educational background and discuss your career goals. Describe how participating in Park Break will assist you in reaching these goals. We are looking for candidates who are strongly interested in the possibility of pursuing careers in fields related to parks, protected areas, and cultural sites, so make sure to include any experience you have in these areas. If you indicated that you are a member of a minority group, identify what effect (if any) your ethnic/racial/cultural affiliation(s) has/have had on your personal experience as it relates to your interest in parks and cultural sites.